If you'd like to return any Apple Tech (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, iPod, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac) under our 12-month warranty or because you've changed your mind, you'll need to remove your iCloud account before sending it back.
Removing your iCloud account is easy and can be done directly from your device or by logging into the iCloud website.
Below are some instructions on how to remove your iCloud account directly from the device you wish to return:
👉iPhone iPod, and iPad
- If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- Hold your Apple Watch and iPhone close together > Open the Watch app on your phone and tap My Watch > Tap Apple Watch and select Unpair Apple Watch > Enter your Apple ID Password when prompted > Tap again to confirm changes
Note: When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, it will try to create a backup of your watch. If you were to get a new Apple Watch, you can use the backup to pick up where you left off.
👉MacBook (Pro/Air) and iMac
- If you're using macOS Catalina or later, tap System Preferences > then tap Apple ID > Untick the box next to "Find My Mac" > Enter your Apple ID password when prompted > Sign Out
- If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, tap System Preferences > then tap iCloud > Untick the box next to "Find My Mac" > Enter your Apple ID Password when prompted > Sign Out
If you wish to remove your iCloud account remotely from the device you wish to return using a PC or laptop, follow the instructions below:
1. Switch off your device
2. Log in to the iCloud website from a PC or laptop using your Apple ID credentials
3. Click Find My iPhone / Find My Watch
4. Click on the All Devices drop-down menu and select [My device]
5. Click Remove Account / Erase Apple Watch
6. Click Remove on the confirmation message
It is important to remember to remove your iCloud account before returning your device as we can't process Tech items that are still locked to an iCloud account.